Sunday, August 9, 2015

Was Jesus Crazy?

Well, was He? Was he a lunatic? Aside from Christians, people generally see Jesus as a 'great moral teacher'. But would a great moral teacher walk around saying that He's the Son of God? No, a nutjob says that. Does a great moral teacher say to people that he is "the way, the truth, and the life, and none can come to the Father except by me?" I think only an egotistical maniac would say that.
So I guess Jesus was crazy.


Unless of course, He was telling the truth. If He was telling it straight up, then He really is the Messiah, the Savior, the Son of God. Otherwise, He was a kook and not very moral. The Sermon on The Mount was absolutely worthless if He wasn't The Christ!  His words were pointless without Him being God's only Son. His whole message of forgiveness is based on Him being able to take away man's sin! If what He said was false, then He wasn't moral, He was crazy. And no one should listen to Him.

So drop the inaccurate tag of 'great moral teacher' and either say He was a fruitcake, or believe He actually was who He says He was. There is no middle ground.

Would a simple 'great teacher' do this:


Something to think about...


 

5 comments:

  1. Let's add one more: Legend

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKAHoYCWXF8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wasn't a legend, He was real. And that link doesn't work.

      Delete
    2. True! There are alot of great teachers out there. I've had quite a few great teachers but there's a HUGE difference between a great or good teacher and God the Son. In my opinion, some people put Him in an earthly category so that they can understand him better or bring Him down to their level. Kind of like the phrase "the man upstairs" God is so much more than that!

      Delete
    3. Amen, sister! There is no other like Jesus Christ!

      Delete
  2. I believe he did indeed exsit ( and aren't we all God's children? so maybe He played favorites a bit:P however my issue is the whole issue with true ultimate forgiveness should not have conditions ok you can come in BUT... that doesn't sit well with me. I believe regardless of you're "professed" beliefs as long as you live by the 'word' you'll go where you deserve to be. My faith is very strong, plus I've experienced it. it only reinforced my beliefs. I don't feel the need to accept a man's word to get my ultimate reward (for lack of a better word) I've been doing a lot of thinking about it lately ;)

    ReplyDelete